This tutorial presents how to connect a Zen IoT Gateway to Xively. The first part of the tutorial shows initial steps to take in the Xively management app, and the second part in a form of a video tutorial, presents the gateway, its configuration, and connecting the device to Xively.
The tutorial is applicable for the following Zen IoT Gateway models:
• ZEN-IOT-4, ZEN-IOT-4-RS, ZEN-IOT-4-WIFI, ZEN-IOT-4-EIOT
• ZEN-IOT-12, ZEN-IOT-12-RS, ZEN-IOT-12-WIFI, ZEN-IOT-12-EIOT
• ZEN-IOT-16, ZEN-IOT-16-RS, ZEN-IOT-16-WIFI, ZEN-IOT-16-EIOT
Zen IoT Gateway by Define Instruments
To allow your device to publish and subscribe to MQTT topics you will need your account ID.
Prerequisite: You should already have a Xively account.
- Log in to the Xively management app.
- In the Xively management app, click on the cogwheel in the top right-hand corner of the page and click the turquoise rectangle with your account id.
Result: Your account id has been copied to the clipboard.
- Save your account id for later. It will be needed for the device configuration presented in the video tutorial below.
Watch the video tutorial for the details on how to configure and connect your Zen IoT gateway to Xively using the Define WorkBench software.
Now you have the Zen IoT gateway connected and communicating with Xively.
Updated 2 years ago